Born in Barcelona, Spain and educated in Bristol, England, Helena entered the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London for her theatrical training at the age of 15 under full scholarship. She was also awarded the drama diploma from the University of London, and has many awards from the London Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Now resident in the United States, Helena has performed, directed, produced and acted in theatre, film, TV and radio in 16 different countries having toured extensively in Europe, North and South America and South East Asia. She is bilingual in Spanish and English.
In her travels, she has met with many performing artists, sometimes having the good fortune to work along side them. While in Cambodia, she encountered the Reasmey Angkor Bassac Theatre Troupe and has made their survival, both as artists and human beings, her special cause.
Please help Helena and donate what you can to support her humanitarian work in Cambodia. Assist her to save people's lives. Go to NEWS page for information. Even the smallest donation will provide food, clothing and medical help to artists that are fighting to save their ancient culture. 100% of donations reach those in need.
- Many time Eisteddfod winner as an actress in Britain
- ONDRA Award for contribution to Latin American Theatre for directorial work with El Grupo 502
- Homenaje de los Flores in Costa Rica
- Casa de la Cultura in Costa Rica named in her honour
- Nominated Woman of the Year in Washington DC
- Inducted into the Society of Women Geographers, the female alternative to the Explorers' Club for her pioneer work in theatre in Latin America
- DRAMMY award for performance as an actress in Portland, Oregon
- Named Actress of the Year in Ashland, Oregon.
- Invited to address World Congress of Women in Nairobi, Kenya.